Effective Partner Planning is a step-by-step approach to develop and manage productive partner plans. By understanding a partner’s key growth strategies and linking these to vendor strengths, programmes and goals, participant teams create joint revenue growth objectives built on mutual opportunities and the partnership’s combined value proposition.
Effective Partner Planning builds on the ChannelPRO™ framework of partnering best practices and contains a set of tools and templates that can be tailored to fit each client’s needs. Client presentations on channel strategy and programmes can be integrated to form part of the planning process. More extensive integration with existing tools, training and processes can also be achieved through pre-course consulting.
Effective Partner Planning features a series of ectures, table team exercises and discussions that lead participants through the following topics:
- The planning process and keys to plan commitment
- Profiling a partner’s business strategy
- Understanding a partner’s target markets and solutions
- Evaluating the partner’s skills, expertise and fit
- Understanding the partner’s organisational structure
- Identifying joint partnership revenue growth and non-revenue objectives
- The 90-day plan/review cycle
- Tactical action plans for each objective
- Identifying and securing required resources t o implement the plan
- Partnership governance, organisation and rules of engagement
- Gaining and maintaining partner involvement and commitment
- Ongoing plan management