If you are at the top of your field, climbing the ladder to get there, or a best of breed performer in your space, you are likely already a life-long learner. In fact, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger have been quoted to say, “The other big secret is that we’re good at lifelong learning. Warren is better in his 70s and 80s, in many ways, that he was when he was younger. If you keep learning all the time, you have a wonderful advantage.”
Learning, for the best and brightest, doesn’t take place once or twice a year, and it’s never done simply to check a box (only to be forgotten the next day). If you are in sales or services, you are even held to a higher standard. Think about the clients you interact with on a daily basis, if they are at the top of their game in their industry, you have to keep up to be seen as a value added partner. The bar is HIGH!
As we previously discuss, learning should be a never ending process. The world is changing more rapidly than ever before. Shouldn’t our sales and service professionals at least keep up?
When it comes to learning, organizations face several challenges, including opportunity cost (when your professionals are learning, they are not delivering revenue or service) and logistics associated with learning, such as travel and pulling professionals from the field, etc.
You can more easily solve these challenges when you implement a blended approach to learning that includes digital solutions.
Here are four ways digital solutions can help your team attain and retain the skills they need to sell more and service better:
- It’s delivered through interactive media, which is more robust and more engaging than traditional elearning.
- You can repeat a concept until you understand it. Unlike a traditional learning experience where you cannot hit rewind, digital solutions allow you to control your learning experience.
- It includes micro-learning modules designed to increase understanding of the content and boost retention rates.
- It’s mobile friendly. When learners are able to learn with their smartphone or other electronic devices, you provide access to anytime, anyplace, anywhere learning.
- It’s ideal of geographically dispersed teams, so your team learns the skills and methodologies they need when and where they need them.
Blended learning that includes digital solutions provides a way for sales and service professionals to gain knowledge when it’s most convenient. What’s not to like about that? To learn more about digital learning, see Miller Heiman Group’s Learner Ready Solutions.