Give your team the skills to cross-sell and upsell holistically.
Your customers interact with your service professionals 10x more than they do with your sellers. Are you equipping all of your customer service reps with the skills to upsell, cross-sell and service accounts effectively? Ensure a higher level of service by recognizing sales opportunities in customer interactions while maintaining the edge of positive defining moments.
Your customer service reps weren’t hired to be sellers, but exceeding customer expectations requires being ready to respond to their need. Show your teams how to listen for cues and clues to take advantage of opportunities to bring sales into service—and increase organizations’ profitability while enhancing customer relationships.
Bring Sales Into Your Service Queue
Benefits of Bridging Service into Sales Training
Connect the Dots
Give your customers what they need with a customer service team willing and able to introduce new solutions through upselling and cross-selling
Ensure Customer Satisfaction
Enable your service reps with the skills to act on opportunities and propose the next steps while maintaining high customer satisfaction
Explore Customer Needs
Develop the techniques to deeply understand customer needs through every interaction and touchpoint within your customer service teams
Bring your sales and customer service teams into closer alignment with a consistent and collaborative approach to renewals, cross-sell and upsell
Bring Sales Into Your Service Queue
Upcoming Sales Training CoursesView All Courses
Request an In-Person Training at Your Location
The Role That Customer Experience Best Practices Play in Boosting Revenue
A third of businesses say their customer experience teams play no role in generating sales. These businesses are missing key opportunities to deepen customer relationships, especially since 70% of sales revenues are generated by existing customers, according to our 2018-2019 Sales Performance Report. And this is particularly true when budgets tighten in a recession, because it’s harder than ever to bring new clients to the top of the funnel.
Buyers expect sellers to deliver value in every stage of their path, from the time they begin considering a product or service through to its implementation and use. The more positive experiences that sellers generate throughout this process, the more customer loyalty grows. And the higher the loyalty, the less likely a company is to stray to a competitor.
Service is a critical player in the buying journey, because customer experience teams have 10 times more contact with existing customers than an organization’s salespeople. Every customer interaction is an opportunity to collect insights that may translate into a sales opportunity. In fact, when customer service roles have the primary responsibility for closing upsell opportunities, organizations’ average revenue per account nearly doubles.
Therefore, sales leaders must think beyond the first signature: they must take steps to improve their entire customer experience strategy. One step is to understand how customer experience best practices factor into building stronger customer relationships through upselling and cross-selling.
Overcoming the Negative Perception of Selling to Improve the Customer Experience
If only it were enough to increase revenue by asking customer service reps to upsell and cross-sell during their calls, such as by adding on warranty agreements or increasing service level agreements. But many sales reps aren’t convinced of the value of selling.
Service reps focus on answering buyers’ questions and solving their problems. They swoop in to save the day, so service professionals often view themselves as “white knights.” Many have even become their customers’ trusted advisor. Given the close bond that service reps develop with their customers, they may feel reluctant to sell, because they may think selling will compromise their relationship. And some customer service reps simply have a negative perception of selling. This is where Bridging Service Into Sales training comes in.
Service reps need to understand that selling is an extension of customer service: it helps them provide an excellent customer experience, because they’re identifying their customers’ needs so they can offer solutions and provide additional value.
The best sales conversations are often just extensions of good service discussions. Even if service reps aren’t naturally gifted sellers, they can learn the necessary skills to become effective in their role. Bridging Sales Into Service teaches the customer experience best practices essential to ensuring your customers’ experience is as stellar after the sale as it was during the sale.
Bridging Service Into Sales Covers Essential Customer Experience Best Practices
Bridging Service Into Sales is designed to improve your organization’s customer experience strategy by showing customer service reps how to identify and act on sales opportunities. They will learn how to offer a new class of service, introduce new products and services to customers and convince buyers of the value of add-on products and services—all while maintaining and ensuring positive defining moments that strengthen customer relationships.
Specifically, customer service reps will learn how to:
- Define the importance of their role and the customer experience best practices that enable them to connect with customers and initiate dialogue
- Transition from service interaction to uncovering and addressing additional customer needs
- Determine how to listen for clues that will tip them off to customer needs and how to learn more about those needs
- Discover how to explore opportunities by explaining the most appropriate solutions to customers in a way that best matches their needs
- Offer products and solutions that are designed to match their customers’ needs
- Act on opportunities and propose the next step during customer interactions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Explore techniques for expanding relationships during customer interactions to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability
- Close the interaction
Bridging Sales Into Service teaches your employees all the skills they need to add value to their customers’ personal or professional lives while increasing sales for your organization. Your service reps will leave training with a new attitude toward selling and the skills to be successful in upselling, cross-selling and overcoming resistance. And, the best part is that your customers will feel served—not sold.
Who Should Enroll in Bridging Sales Into Service?
Organizations that want to obtain more revenue per customer while building customer loyalty should sign their customer service reps up for Bridging Sales into Service. After this training in customer experience best practices, your customer service reps will:
- Understand that sales is an advanced type of service
- Recognize and define buyer needs
- Listen for or create opportunities to cross-sell
- Create a natural, conversational bridge to the offer
- Have more confidence in their selling activities
- Know how to overcome resistance in a positive way
- Help you close more business
The Benefits of Learning Customer Experience Best Practices
Bridging Service Into Sales is a targeted training program designed to maximize the selling potential of your customer service teams. Every component of this program is designed to help service reps understand the value of their role in building stronger customer relationships and delivering greater revenue to your company. Here’s how this program will improve your service team’s skill set.
At the end of the training, your customer service reps will:
- Understand how combining sales and service is the best way to serve customers
- Be able to bring more value to customers through cross-selling and upselling
- Match features and benefits to customer needs
- Identify the three types of cross-selling
- Understand why people buy
- Listen for cross-selling opportunities
- Create more opportunities for cross-selling
- Build a bridge to the offer
- Ask questions to pique customer interest
- Learn how to ask insight-producing questions to unearth customer needs
- Introduce the benefits of your products and services
- Gain customer commitment
- Understand when to upsell
- Increase the quantity of the customer’s order
- Upgrade the product that the customer ordered
- Understand why customers resist
- Learn how and when to overcome resistance
- Clear up misunderstandings
- Deal with drawbacks
- Overcome customer stalls
Learning these customer experience best practices will improve your overall customer experience in measurable ways.
Bridging Service Into Sales Customers Report Significantly Improved Customer Experience Metrics
Employees across industries have embraced the principles taught in Bridging Service Into Sales. Organizations that have invested in this customer experience best practice training report that their customer service reps have a new attitude toward sales and greater skills in upselling, cross-selling and overcoming resistance. This attitude and skill enhancement have had a tangible impact on their customer experience metrics. Take a look at just some of the results:
- A financial software organization reported a 475% increase in sales opportunities, a 381% increase in revenue and a customer satisfaction (CSAT) score of 98.1%.
- A federal credit union in the oil and gas industry reported significant growth in its loan-to-share ratio and was able to increase its assets by 46% in just two years.
- A news outlet reported a 22% increase in advertising revenue and an 8.2% increase in its circulation.
- A leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets reported a 23% increase in sales over the three months prior to enrolling in Bridging Service Into Sales training.
Take Steps to Improve Your Organization’s Customer Experience Strategy Today
Customer service reps are the key to gathering critical insights that can be funneled to the sales team and qualify leads for additional sales. Bridging Service Into Sales is the perfect upselling and cross-selling training program for customer service reps who have the opportunity to add value to customer contacts. After they learn the customer experience best practices in Bridging Sales into Service, your reps will be even more knowledgeable, confident and eager to sell.
Contact us today to learn more about how Bridging Service Into Sales can help you learn the customer experience best practices that will add value for your customers and build customer loyalty while improving your sales.