Improve forecast accuracy and funnel management.
Sales leaders need insight and clarity into the sales funnel to accurately manage the forecast and pipeline. Sales Funnel Coaching helps sales leaders develop a customized funnel process for their organization. Through this framework, sales leaders are better able to examine seller behavior making the necessary adjustments to improve performance.
This program helps sales leaders, managers and mentors work with sellers to stay close to potential sales opportunities, while sharing best practices that lead to closed deals. Using sales funnel methodologies covered in Strategic Selling® with Perspective, Sales Funnel Coaching enables sales leaders to coach their sales teams and allocate resources wisely.
Accelerate Sales Performance With a Stronger Funnel
Benefits of Sales Funnel Coaching
Improve Seller Efficiency
Coach your sales teams to best allocate their time and resources, eliminating wasted energy in the sales cycle.
Identify Key Behaviors
You'll learn to identify and refine seller behaviors that keep opportunities moving forward.
Clarify Your Sales Funnel
Work with our expert consultants to develop a customized sales funnel.
Boost Sales Team Confidence
Coach sellers on sales best practices so they have more confidence in advancing and closing lucrative deals.
Accelerate Sales Performance With a Stronger Funnel
What Is Sales Funnel Management?
For the best sales and operations planning, it’s important to understand sales funnel management as part of your sales management system. Sales funnel management has four stages:
- Prospect: Sellers examine each prospective sales opportunity for a potential fit. Once they communicate with a buying influence and sense the possibility of a sales order, they move the prospect to the next selling stage.
- Qualify: Here, sellers verify the possibility of a sales order and identify the buyer’s single sales objective: the specific revenue goal or piece of potential business that you’ll secure by calling on this prospect.
- Pursue: Here, the seller gathers the data necessary to fill in any gaps in knowledge and offers the buyer perspective, or valuable knowledge that helps buyers see their problem in a different light and helps them achieve their business goals.
- Close: In this final stage, sellers recognize that they have a high probability of winning the business and either have clearly defined next steps or submit a final proposal.
The goal of sales funnel management is to ensure sellers have a constant supply of key sales opportunities moving through the funnel so they maximize their time, meet their sales quotas and avoid the roller-coaster effect of too many or too few prospects.
Without proper training, the sales funnel won’t be managed properly, so one week a sales funnel might be full, but by the following week, it has dried up, leaving sellers to wonder from where their next deal will come. With proper sales management training, sales leaders and sales managers can use sales coaching techniques and sales analytics to build better sales funnel management
How to Ensure Your Sales Funnel Remains Healthy
All though the roller-coaster sales effect is common, it’s not inevitable. Sellers and sales managers who learn sales and operations planning techniques to manage their sales funnel can keep their sales pipeline healthy.
Sales management training can help ensure a constant flow of opportunities through your organization’s sales funnel.
Sellers must learn to devote the right amount of time and resources to opportunities in every stage, so opportunities constantly grow from prospect to close. But too many sellers don’t know how to manage their sales funnel.
Six Common Sales Funnel Management Problems
In our sales management training, we encourage sales managers to devote time in sales coaching to solve these six concerns.
- Sellers don’t spend enough time with buyers in the prospecting and qualifying stages, so their funnel dries up.
- They pursue easy, quick-to-close opportunities, leaving longer-term deals that might be more lucrative on the table.
- They spend more time nurturing opportunities in the pursue phase of the funnel, because it’s more comfortable than breaking out of their comfort zone and looking for new business.
- They can’t tell which leads to pursue.
- They fail to get commitment from decision-makers.
- They can’t sort through their competing priorities, so they keep pushing off closing deals.
Clogs like these in sales funnel management can stem from a host of problems. Sellers might:
- Lack the right data to make the right decisions
- Spend too much time on the wrong opportunities
- Misunderstand the potential risks of the deal
- Be paralyzed by uncertainty of what action to take next
- Read opportunities incorrectly
- Need new selling tactics or strategies
Sales coaching can help sellers learn how to navigate these challenges. It can also help them determine the right amount of time to devote to each prospect, based on a variety of factors: the selling tasks that must be performed, the difficulty and amount of work required for each sales objective, the potential revenue involved, the potential for the account to grow and the customer’s buying cycle.
What You’ll Learn in This Sales Management Training Course
Using the sales funnel methodologies covered in Strategic Selling® with Perspective, Sales Funnel Coaching helps sales leaders, managers and peer mentors remain close to potential sales opportunities as they advance through each funnel stage. This sales coaching training course also shares best practices for improving the identification of the specific salesperson actions needed to move deals forward—best practices that are part of an optimized sales management system.
Specifically, sales leaders will learn how to:
- Ensure consistent adoption of a sales funnel process
- Eliminate wasted energy in the sales cycle
- Raise confidence in advancing lucrative opportunities to a close
- Reinforce selling behaviors and activities that move sales forward
- Increase forecast accuracy
- Use sales effectiveness metrics to improve funnel management
- Apply sales analytics to enhance sales pipeline predictability
You can apply these skills to help your sellers prioritize their selling time and make the right decisions about the opportunities lingering in their sales funnel. By using sales effectiveness metrics to track progress, you’ll be able to use sales analytics to improve seller performance at sales funnel management
Benefits of Sales Funnel Coaching and Sales Funnel Management
Sales Funnel Coaching equips sales leaders with the tools and insights necessary to develop a customized funnel process for your organization and use sales coaching techniques to improve your sellers’ sales funnel management skills.
After this course, sales leaders and managers will be able to:
- Identify sales coaching opportunities to help teams and individuals create a steadier stream of prospects moving through the sales funnel
- Identify whether opportunities are placed in the right funnel stage based on established criteria
- Use sales analytics to forecast more accurately which deals are most likely to close and when
And through this sales management training, you’ll achieve sales coaching skills that enable your sellers to:
- Understand their selling priorities in context
- Identify the actions required to move opportunities through the sales process
- Manage their time based on the number or value of opportunities in the funnel
- Allocate the right amount of time and effort to prospects in each phase of the sales funnel
- Devote resources to the deals predicted to have the most positive outcomes
- Prioritize the deals they’re most likely to win—and win them faster
Is This Sales Management Training Class Right for You?
This course is based on extensive research on sales funnel management. It's the right sales training course for you if you want to:
- Provide accurate forecast information to the rest of the organization
- Coach sales people efficiently and effectively
- Diagnose problems with opportunities in time to be remedied
- Identify low-probability opportunities that can be removed from the sales funnel
- Benchmark for both efficiency and effectiveness
In short, if you’re a sales leader, sales manager or a peer mentor responsible for overseeing the use and application of a sales funnel process, or if you’re involved in sales operations planning, this course is designed for you.
Concerned that your sales funnel is clogged? Want to help your sellers identify the most valuable deals in their sales funnel and improve your ability to forecast sales and manage your sales funnel? Contact us today to discuss how we can help you get the sales management training and deliver a sales coaching course that helps your sellers pull more opportunities that turn into closed-won business into your sales pipeline.