Negotiate Your Way to Better Outcomes.
Effective negotiation is an elusive, but vital, skill in sales organisations. Miller Heiman Group’s Negotiation Skills training helps sellers to gain buyer commitment without sacrificing trust. By acknowledging buyer interests throughout the sales cycle, sellers will use their negotiation training to reach agreements that satisfy all parties.
This is a comprehensive sales negotiations training course that results in more profitable sales and accelerated sales cycles. With Negotiation Skills from Miller Heiman Group, sellers can guide the negotiation of complex sales or contracts without succumbing to discount pressures, while still offering valuable solutions to customers.
Negotiate Your Way to Success
Benefits of Sales Negotiation Skills Training
Recognise and Counter Customer Negotiation Tactics
You’ll identify and respond to customer negotiation tactics, allowing you to regain control of the room and guide the deal in the right direction.
Avoid Damaged Client Relationships
Avoid difficult negotiations, moving through positive processes that preserve client relationships for future business opportunities
Solidify Solution Pricing
The price of your solutions or services shouldn't remain a mystery. Sellers will learn how to nail down pricing with customers well before the deal closes.
Open the Door to Future Sales Opportunities
The first negotiation with customers can reveal a lot about future company goals and needs. After a successful round of negotiation, you're in a prime position for future sales opportunities.
Negotiate Your Way to Success
Related Sales Training Offerings
UK Sales Negotiation Training
Position your business at the forefront of your industry with a modern approach to sales. Miller Heiman Group’s UK office headquarters are based in London and provide a complete range of strategic sales services to organisations throughout the United Kingdom, including England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Sales Negotiation Skills Covered in this UK Sales Training Course
Available throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, this sales negotiation training course teaches you essential sales negotiation skills that can help you:
- Recognise and Counter Customer Negotiation Tactics: You'll learn how to identify and respond to customer negotiation tactics, allowing you to regain control of the room and guide the deal in the right direction.
- Avoid Damaging Client Relationships: Navigate difficult negotiations, moving through positive processes that preserve client relationships for future business opportunities.
- Solidify Solution Pricing: The price of your solutions or services shouldn't remain a mystery. Sellers will learn how to nail down pricing with customers well before the deal closes.
- Reveal Future Sales Opportunities: The first negotiation with customers can reveal a lot about future company goals and needs. After a successful round of negotiation, you're in a prime position for future sales opportunities.
Tap the Power of Essential Sales Negotiation Skills Used by Top-Performing SellersLearn More
Learn Sales Negotiation Skills to Handle 21 Distinct Negotiating Types
To prepare you for challenging sales negotiation situations, we teach you how to respond to the 21 most frequently encountered sales negotiation styles you'll encounter. Here are 10 of the 21 sales negotiation styles you'll master in this sales negotiating training course:
- The Haggle -- You'll learn how to handle a sales negotiation in which one party opens a negotiation by making an extreme or unreasonable offer. As sales negotiations continue, they concede sparingly while obtaining a more generous concession from you. We'll teach you exactly what to do to overcome this common negotiating style.
- Take It or Leave It -- In this sales negotiating scenario, one party demands the other accept the offer on the table or end negotiations. In some cases, this can be an attempt to force you to capitulate. A few simple techniques will give you the upper hand in this situation.
- Absentee Decision-maker -- When the wrong people are at the table, you'll encounter the "my hands are tied" sales negotiating tactic. They may agree with you, but their boss or their board make the decisions. After taking this sales training course, you won't be at a disadvantage when the other side uses this tactic.
- The Flinch -- Ever been in a sales negotiation when no matter what offer you bring to the table, the other party reacts as if it is extreme? The goal of this tactic is for you to lower your expectations and make larger concessions. But those who complete our negotiating skills training courses know exactly how to handle this tactic.
- Fait Accompli -- You're likely familiar with this one. It's when a party tells you that despite prior conversations, an internal decision has been made to not use your professional services. The other party indicates that their decision is final. What's your next move in this situation? We've got the answers you need.
- Insufficient RAM -- In this very common negotiation situation, you and your counterpart reach an agreement, but when you prepare the contract, the other side remembers terms differently, asking for items to which you didn't agree. This one is relatively easy to counter but you'd be surprised how many times you'll encounter it while chasing B2B sales.
- Just One More Thing -- In what you believe is the final agreement meeting, your counterpart demands a large concession before signing--usually monetary. This tactic aims to catch you off guard and take advantage of your desire to close. The negotiation skills you'll learn in this course will make sure you're not a victim to this negotiating style.
- The Old Dog -- This negotiating style occurs with an inflexible negotiator who won't change or learn new tricks. Often their only approach to negotiation is concessional, at your expense. We'll show you how to teach that old dog a few new tricks so you can have a more productive, win-win negotiation.
- Start from Scratch -- In this one, you negotiate for months and agree in principle. But at the end, the other party changes their approach and their only apparent incentive is to reduce costs. In this course, you'll find the negotiation skills that keeps your deal on its current trajectory.
- Hoarding -- In B2B selling, a negotiator latches onto one idea you share, rather than allowing you to discuss a full array of solutions. This dynamic makes it difficult to discuss a range of ideas and proposals that lead to a better sale and a better solution for the buyer. If you're involved in consultative selling of any kind, you'll benefit from learning how to handle this very common negotiation style.
Ready to get going with our sales negotiating skills training courses? Contact us to start the conversation, and your sales team will be negotiating like pros before you know it.
Take the Next Step to Improving Your Selling SkillsLearn More
Covering Foundational and Advanced Sales Negotiation Skills
Whether you are new to sales negotiations or a seasoned sales negotiator, you'll benefit from our sales negotiation skills training classes, coursework and materials:
- This is an up-to-date sales training course on negotiations, built on global research that recently identified the critical practises associated with sales negotiation success today and into the future.
- We cover a range of negotiating cases, including complex negotiating situations but also "in the moment" and less complex scenarios.
- We educate you on sales negotiations in unique circumstances, including multi-organisational negotiations, international negotiations, procurement-led negotiations, team negotiating, upsell and cross-sell sales negotiations, reverse auctions and tiered negotiations.
- You'll learn how to develop a negotiating strategy that optimises the outcome for all parties and results in mutually beneficial agreements.
- We'll teach you how to avoid emotional negotiation. By adopting a rational mindset for negotiating, you can redirect counterproductive behaviours to maintain a consultative approach and move discussions forward to a successful conclusion.
- In addition to learning sales negotiating skills from our experts, attendees focus extensively on planning their own client negotiations, brainstorming options with their peers and practising negotiation strategies.
This is a highly popular sales training course with strong ROI.
Improve Sales Results with Better Negotiation SkillsLearn More
A Practical and High-ROI Training Course on Sales Negotiation
Negotiations in complex B2B sales are unavoidable and can be unpredictable, with much at stake: the deal itself, the size of the deal, discounts and more. Accordingly, it pays to excel in sales negotiations:
- Organisations that don't train sellers in negotiations hit their sales targets at the expense of profit margins or miss out on even larger deals that sellers could close if they had better training in sales negotiation skills.
- Through the sales negotiation skills this course offers, you'll learn how to conduct all aspects of sales negotiation, including positioning and framing the negotiation, exchanging alternatives to resolve differences, handling impasses and securing a final agreement.
- Well-trained sales organisations, skilled in sales negotiation, will significantly outperform competitors, resulting in higher revenues, higher profits, better customer satisfaction, lower customer churn and a more engaged sales force.